Hydrogen Development Facilities & Expertise
Enertek International is the UK's leading engineering consultancy for hydrogen appliance development and testing. The company offers a range of services to appliance manufacturers including:
Hydrogen Facilities Available to Clients
- 3 designated domestic appliance hydrogen test bays
- 3 designated commercial appliance hydrogen test bays
- 2 separate hydrogen supply lines
- Full laboratory instrumentation for hydrogen appliance testing
- UKAS accreditation when working to standards on Enertek's UKAS schedule
Designing Hydrogen Appliances
- Enertek can offer assistance with technical specifications for hydrogen appliances and specify controls and components for use with hydrogen.
- CFD modelling can be very useful when developing hydrogen combustion and heat transfer in products.
- We also have a wealth of experience in designing combustion systems & burners.
- The development of hydrogen products.
- Preparation of the design specification and input for 'hydrogen ready' appliances.
Developing Hydrogen Appliances
- Assembly of prototypes and gas soundness / safety testing
- Initial test work
- Development test work
- Certification schedule test work
- Preparation of UKAS backed certification reports
- Preparation of literature modified for hydrogen appliances
- Assistance with acquiring certification (EC/UKCA/US)
Assisting Companies to Install Their Own Test Facilities
- Assistance with laboratory services planning and equipment requirements
- Assistance with preparation of safety related documentation and procedures
- Hydrogen safety training for all R&D staff
- Hydrogen use and safety training for development engineers
- Preparation of P&ID drawings
- Preparation of risk assessments
Making Facilities Available to Client's Engineers
- Access to Enertek's facilities to work alongside Enertek's Engineers
- Hire of Enertek's facilities for own use by client's engineers (subject to training).
- Screened off areas for confidential development work
- Facilitating clients and their visitors with meeting rooms (if required).