As you may be fully aware of by now the ErP Directive is going to come into effect on the 25th September this year. This is the introduction of the regulation that covers Ecodesign and Energy Labeling of all energy related products, which is mandatory in all European countries. It defines the minimum efficiency or energy performance and environmental criteria required.
Energy related products include - For the Ecodesign Directive (2209/125/EC):
- Household refrigerating appliances
- Electric Motors
- Washing Machines
- Air Conditioners and Comfort Fans
- Water Pumps
- Households Tumble Driers
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Space Heaters and Combination Heaters - up to or equal to 70kW and 400kW
- Water Heaters and Hot Water Storage Tanks - up to or equal to 400kW for tanks up to 2000 ltrs
- Domestic Ovens, Hobs and Range Hoods
For the Energy Labeling Framework Directive (2010/30/EU):
- Household Washing Machines
- Household Tumble Driers
- Household Combined Washer Driers
- Household Dishwashers
- Household Electric Ovens
- Household Refrigerating Appliances
- Air Conditioners
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Space Heaters
- Water Heaters - up to or equal to 70kW storage volumes for 500 ltr tanks
- Domestic Ovens and Range Hoods
- In the UK it is to be monitored and surveilled by the National Measurements and Regulation Office Enforcement Authority (NMRO) and is based on manufacturers self declaring. The penalties for incorrect claims may be severe resulting in possible recall of products and sustainable fines. Enertek can provide the independent report required to justify or support claims, it does not have to be produced by a notified body.
N0x and noise emissions are also to be regulated in addition to minimum seasonal efficiency values (by the ErP Directive). Enertek have partnered with Hull University to provide a fully equipped acoustic chamber capable of conducting noise tests to meet the new requirements of the ErP.
We have also invested in building and designing a test rig to conduct hot water tests for tapping cycles six and seven, increasing our ability to test water heaters from tapping cycles one to seven.
For more detailed information please visit the NMRO website:
For further advice and consultation on ErP, how it will affect you and what action you need to take please contact us either by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01482 877500